Private Pilot Licence - PPL
A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) permits you to fly an aeroplane as the Pilot in Command with passengers on board.
Training towards a PPL is the ideal starting point for all budding pilots regardless of whether you are learning to fly for fun, or you want to build a long term career in aviation. A Private Pilot Licence (PPL) permits you to fly an aeroplane as Pilot in Command with passengers on board.
Training towards a PPL is the starting point for all budding pilots regardless of whether you are learning to fly for fun, or you want to build a long term career in aviation.
In fact, a PPL is a prerequisite for obtaining a Commercial Pilot Licence (CPL).
During our full time PPL theory ground course, all 6 required subjects will be covered in detail within a 2 week period.
With the assistance of our expert flight instructors, this course will prepare you to tackle the exams in a fantastic learning environment.
Add your theoretical knowledge to the practical elements of flying an aircraft, and obtain the skills you will use Every Time you take to the skies!
- Be at least 16 of age; and
- Hold a DL9 or Class 2 Aviation Medical Certificate.
Theory subjects and ground courses
- Flight Radiotelephony
- Air Law
- Aircraft Technical Knowledge
- Human Factors
- Air Navigation and Flight Planning
To be eligible for a PPL flight test, you require passes in all 6 theory subjects, and all knowledge deficiencies must be signed off by an A or B Category instructor.
Flight test requirements
- Minimum 50hrs total flight experience (40hrs without cross country privileges), including the specific flight experience detailed by the AC61-3;
- Be at least 17 years of age;
- Be English Language proficient; and
- Hold a DL9 or Class 2 Aviation Medical Certificate*
*To exercise full PPL privileges a class 2 medical certificate must be held.
Upcoming ground course intakes
10 Jan, 28 Mar, 11 Jul, 10 Oct
- Aerobatic Rating;
- Night Rating;
- Instrument Rating; and
- Aircraft type ratings